"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, March 23, 2012

Fudgy Brownie Cookies

I know that I usually post healthy recipes, but there is nothing healthy about these cookies!  They are absolutely delicious and every once in a while I get a craving and just have to have some.  You can't eat them without a fresh glass of milk!  Just think brownie in a cookie.

Fudgy Brownie Cookies


1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips (8oz)
4 TBS butter, cut up
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 (12 oz) pkg milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans

Heat the oven to 350°F.  Line cookie sheets w/parchment paper or butter the cookie sheet.  Combine the dark chocolate chips and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 20 second increments, stirring every 20 seconds until the chips are almost melted. (be careful not to burn it!)  Stir until smooth.  Set aside to slightly cool.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in another small bowl.  (For a different element add a tsp of cinnamon)
Beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed to low and beat in the melted chocolate.
Beat in the flour mixture just until blended.  Stir in the chips.
Drop by 1 1/2 tbs (I used my cookie scoop)onto baking sheets.  Bake, one sheet at a time, for 9 minutes or until the tops are shiny and cracked and the centers are soft.  Place the cookie sheet with cookies on a cookie rack and let sit for 3 minutes to allow the cookies to firm slightly.  Remove the cookies to the cooling rack and cool completely.
These cookies are even better the next day!

I got the original recipe here:  http://janicecole.net/recipes/something-sweet/chewy-chocolate-brownie-cookies/  I changed the chips and added pecans.

Enjoy your brownie cookies, I know I did!
Missy

7 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Looks delicious! I almost always have these ingredients on hand.

Karima said...

mmm they look delicious - my mouth is watering now!

Karen said...

I will need to try these. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Yum! I usually want cookies while my husband usually wants brownies- now it's the best of both worlds. Would love for you to stop by and link up: http://www.serendipityandspice.com/2012/03/manic-monday-linky-party-11.html

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

They look delicious, great recipe, thanks for sharing!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Kat said...

I was going to sew tonight but I think I need to bake there now instead!

Unknown said...

These look/sound so yummy! Found you via Serendipity and Spice link party :)

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
www.revolutionariesblog.com

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8