"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It came!!

 Remember when I won my Janome sewing machine?  http://missyscakesandaprons.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-sewing-machine.html  Well I also won a mystery bag.  I got it today, there was so much stuff, I could not get it all in one picture!  All I can say is "wow"!
 Of course the cats had to investigate everything!
 Muffin loves his new box!
 See that material?  The bright green is flannel.  I'm seeing that as a rag quilt!  The navy blue is a jersey and I'm thinking maybe a maxi skirt (I know, all my skirts are maxi skirts!)  That beautiful orange is so soft, maybe a skirt or a quilt - I'm not sure yet.
 I got a lot of books and magazines.  Two Thread and Bobbin by Alison Newman and Kaitlin Witte, "Quilting Trends" magazines, "The Quilter" Magazines,










 "Novelty Quilts" mags, "Machine Quilting" mags, "IQ, International Quilts" mags, "Quilts and More" mag, "Sew Scrappy" mag, "Antique Quilts" mag, "Perfect for Precuts" mag,
 A free motion slider, The Modern Quilting Bee, Block Party by Alissa Haight Carlton and Kristen Lejnieks, Quilting, The Basics and Beyond by Jeri Simon  
 Your Guide to Quilting from JOANN, Curves Ahead! by Susan Nelsen and Loraine Manwaring, Better Homes and Garden new cookbook (my husband already has recipes picked out for me to try!
 "Where Women Create" and "Where Women Cook" mags, Where Women Create - Book of Inspiration  by Jenny Packman and Jenny Doh, Where Women Cook - Celebrate by Jo Packham and the publishers of Somerset Studios, Where Women Create by Jo Packham
 Creative Sewing Techniques by Machine by Nancy Fiedler, "Create and Decorate" mag

 and Nancy Spolar sent me two of her fabric collections and 12 quilting patterns!  She even included a sweet note on a card that looks like her quilting patterns!  Do you see the penguin in the corner?  I can't wait to make that one!  Here is her website http://quiltpoetry.com/
I don't know the names of who all donated my prizes, but would like to say a huge thank you to them and Janome for my awesome prize!  I am going to be taking some of it to church to share, after I browse through everything.  I'm thinking of having a pattern giveaway for one of Nancy Spolar's patterns for Easter. (Sorry, but it won't be the penguin, but I'm sure you already guessed that!) I just got everything so I still need to sort and decide on what I'm doing.  I'll be doing reviews as I have time to peruse everything (this will take a while), I can't wait to make a new quilt, unfortunately I already have three quilts ahead of them!
Thanks for sharing!
Missy

5 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You lucky duck! A jackpot if I ever saw one. This is amazing, so many things to look through. Where do you begin? Beautiful.

Carla Belyea said...

That is a cool collection. Time to make your home even better.

Unknown said...

what an awesome goody bag
www.newlifeovernight.blogspot.com

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

That had to be so much fun to go through!! Congrats on getting your sewing machine! Your kitties do the same thing mine do.....inspect everything!

Michelle said...

WOW...what an amazing prize!! Congratulations!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8