"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Tea Party

We had a baby shower for two ladies at our church on Saturday.  We decided to have a tea party.  I was going to make a life size tea pot.  The only problem was that instead of using a pound cake for the ball pan I used a yellow cake recipe and it fell apart.  I just took one half of the ball pan and laid it down on the platter to make the tea pot.
I made the handle and tea spout out of a cookie dough.
I used an 18 star tip to cover the whole tea pot, and for the cap and saucer I used part of the cake top that I had trimmed off, the saucer I used a tip 32, and then put fondant flowers on it and drew scrolls.
It's not what I was wanting, but at least it did not look like this:
I took that to serve to everybody also.
This is a lot better!
Here is the adult's table:
And the children's table:
Nothing fancy, but we had a lot of fun.

Missy


4 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

You have great problem solving skills and sense of humor. =)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute cake. I am not into decorating, but have a enjoyed my daughter's process making a 3D thomas the tank, elmo, mario just to name a few. I do well just to make the cake!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Cute - you're so creative!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's just me or if everyone else encountering problems
with your site. It seems like some of the text within your posts are running off the screen.
Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this
is happening to them too? This may be a issue with my
internet browser because I've had this happen before. Appreciate it

Here is my web-site - Buildin

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8