"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, August 30, 2013

August Finishes

I have not finished as much as I would have liked this month.  Between house hunting and packing, I have not had much time for quilting or blogging!

I did meet my goal for the sailboat quilt, I got all of my pinwheel sashings done!
Twenty strips of four pinwheels.  They are wonky and need to be trimmed down though.
I finished half of my bottom sashing which is "waves", so I made them all blue.
I need 15 strips of eight HST.
Pippi photo bombed my photo shoot.
I have the rest already in order waiting to be sewn together, I love using clothespins!
My math is terrible because I have a lot of HST left over and now need a project for them!
 Oreo kept jumping up and trying to grab my camera as I was trying to take pictures, it took 10 tries!  Maybe he was trying to play fetch with it?
 I got about a quarter to half of my Great Granny Square quilted.  I had to stop one day and clean the machine, which I should have done before using it!
I'm making loose flowers and butterflies in the blocks.

I have a lot of work to do so I better get off of this computer!

What have you been up to?

Have a blessed day!
Missy


A Lovely Year of Finishes

7 comments:

Richard Healey said...

I love the cat help in the quilting. I have that from time to time.

Richard and Tanya Quilts
Richard and Tanya Patterns

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Good job, can't think of anything that I completed this month, a few blocks and that was it. But oh did I can, and work many hours. Love the sailboat quilt.

Podunk Pretties said...

That pink and green grannie square reminds me of watermelon, looks yummy!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your pinwheels are darling!!

Melissa said...

Looks like you made a lot of great progress and that your furry helpers love it :)

Sue McPeak said...

You have been a busy quilter this past month, and I think you have accomplished quite a lot. I always love missing the math and having lots of left overs. Sometimes it's more fun using them than the project it was intended for. It's Labor Day...Hope you are having a good one.

Sue CollectInTexasGal~Today's Post~
Fruits of Labor Day Labor

Christine said...

For the spare HSTs...a coordinating pillow?

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8