"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Sunday, August 3, 2014

August Goals

It's already August!  Can you believe it?  It's time for another month of goal setting!
I counted how many blocks I have left for my scrappy trip around the world blocks, I think there are only 19 blocks left!  So my goal this month is to finish sewing all of my blocks, I can see the end!
 My husband was doing stuff in the living room and I wanted to be near him, so I just set myself up in there with him!  My husband is so sweet and bought me that black table at Wal-Mart, it is adjustable and great.  The best part is I can take it with me on retreats too!
I finished a top!  This is going to be a wall hanging.
The center is a cross stitch made by my friend Amy, she stitched it on burlap.  When I quilt it should I hand quilt it by tying it?  Just the center.  Or can I free motion quilt burlap?
I was thinking of FMQ the word "meow" between paw prints.  I can do that either on the burlap or the cat blocks?  I was also thinking of skinny straight lines on either the cat blocks or the outer border, there is also the idea of tiny free motion circles on the outer border?  What would you do?  I'm hoping to get it quilted tomorrow so I can enter it in the Pets on Quilt Show.

When you set monthly goals, do you prefer setting a lot of goals or easy goals you can attain?

Missy
A Lovely Year of Finishes

6 comments:

KaHolly said...

I make a list of my goals with the most important, time sensitive projects listed first, and with what step needs to be accomplished next.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I like the meow between paw prints, but have you FMQ either of those motifs? Whatever you do it will be beautiful.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I can't believe it's August already too!! I love that your husband bought that table for you...so sweet!

Kathleen said...

I'm happy to see you using that black table as a sewing table. I've spotted those at our local Target store and thought they might be perfect for sewing . . . now I know for sure! Your husband always comes through with sewing gifts for you!

Melissa said...

Good luck with your blocks. Personally, I am in denial that it is actually August!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I can really see the center here. Cute!!!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8