"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, October 6, 2014

Around The World Blog Hop

I am a bad blogger!  I had two wonderful bloggy friends tag me to participate in the hop last week and I decided to go ahead and participate since I have had other people ask me to participate but I was just way too busy after school started.  So what do I do?  I forgot to write my post for today!  I am late and I very sorry for that!

Cheryl from Cheryl's Teapots 2 Quilting tagged me and her post last week is here:
Sarah from Sarah Did It also tagged me, you can see her post here:


 1. What am I working on?
I have been working on my scrappy trip around the world blocks for almost two years.
 I have just a few left to make.
 I am a part of the Sew Sweet Bee from Donna's Lavender Nest and am doing a BOM from Quilt Doodles.

 2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I'm a copy cat and do not have any original ideas.  I love vintage quilts, shabby chic, brights, cherries, strawberries and more!
 3. Why do I write/create what I do?
I love to talk and since most of my friends could care less about my quilt talk what better place for me to talk then on a blog?  I am a teacher at heart and love to share everything.
 4. How does my writing/creating process work?
I love reading other people's blogs and seeing what they make, I also love to read books and magazines.  I appreciate everyone who shares their knowledge and creations with me and everyone else.    As far as writing my blog, I just write about whatever pops into my head.  The main thing though is God is my foundation, He is the one who has made me the way I am (the good parts, LOL) and given me the desire to quilt, decorate cakes and write to all my friends on my blog.  It is through His Word that I grw and try to become a better person.


Let me tell you a little more about myself though.  I a crazy redhead who owns eight cats.  I also collect penguins and try to put a penguin material somewhere



in all the quilts I give to people.  I am a Texan/Southern girl who now lives in Missouri.  I love to quilt, decorate cakes, read, teach and spoil my fur babies.  I teach part time at a small Christian school and I love it!   I do all of my quilting on hand cranks and treadles and love it!


 My husband and I love traveling Route 66, so far we have done from California to Texas and need to finish from Texas to California.  I hope you come and join me again at my blog!



I just joined Instagram, I'm not sure how often I will post on there, but you are welcome to follow me! 
Instagram
 I am also on Pinterest.
Missy


Pr 18:24  A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sounds like you need some cherry and strawberry Canning Jar blocks. Let me know if you don't get either one. I have both fabrics, just waiting to be cut.

Dora, the Quilter said...

I live about five blocks from Old Hwy. 66 in New Mexico--about 40 miles east of Albuquerque. This means that when you get a chance to finish part of the western leg of your journey, we need to get together!
Also, I just wanted to let you know that you can use almost any 1/4-inch foot on your 66 because it is a short shank machine. There are a lot of 1/4 inch feet that would align with your feed dogs just fine. The search may end as close to you as your nearest big box sewing store--like Joann's or Hancock's--or maybe even Walmart. Or, you could order from someone like Cindy at Stitches in Time.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8