"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

new cutting table/desk

I was at a thrift store, about a month ago, that was going out of business and found this desk for one dollar!  I thought it would be perfect for my cutting table/sewing table!  I was using a wobbly card table for my cutting table and the dining room table for electric sewing machine.
My husband volunteered to paint it green for me!  He also added grey to the front drawers.
The drawer that is supposed to hold a computer is perfect for my Janome and some of my tubs.  There is even a small shelf for my teflon glider!
 I was able to put my caddy that holds my scissors, rotary cutters and stuff in the bottom drawer.  It is nice and deep.  Of course Tiger wanted to be in the picture.

 The middle drawer holds some of my attachments and stuff.  Of course a delinter for all of the cat hair is also in there.
 I was able to fit my big mat and my small rotating mat on it also.  It is a BIG desk!
 I used one of my cork boards from my old Sunday school class to hold the bigger and smallest  rulers.  Do you see Oreo's tail in that picture?
This is the desk before the drawers were added.
Here is a close up picture.  (The beach towel on the back of my chair goes over my industrial head because I have not made a cover for it yet.  It helps with cat hair and dust)
In order to get that big desk in there I had to rearrange the whole room.  It was already a mess and everything got moved to the middle of the room.  It was actually worse then this because all of the machines were also with that mess!
 My husband also painted my three dollar chandelier.  I was going to put jars on there, but no matter what way I try, it just will not work.  Oh well.
Tomorrow, I'll show you the rest of my sewing room!  Now that it is clean again I should be able to get some more sewing done!

Missy

10 comments:

Heidi S said...

I was watching a home fix up show this past weekend and the designer had lids on some jars to attach them to lights. She used acetone soaked twine wrapped around them, then set fire,to open up the bottom of the jars. Then screwed the lid to the fixtures somehow. I would worry the jar would unscrew itself and fall but maybe she glued the lid on once she had the proper sized opening cut. They didn't get into the details of installation. It was interesting and looked easy.

I like your new desk. You created a lovely storage and work piece.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Looks brand new!!! Love the green and the grey, Missy. It's a steal at $1.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your desk turned out great and the price was excellent. Love your chandelier. I have one that will eventually go outside.

Angie said...

The desk looks great - what a wonderful bargain find!

Little Penpen said...

How beautiful!! I want to come over for a play date!

Denise :) said...

Missy, what a GREAT find!! Your sewing area looks terrific -- just perfect for creative genius work!! Enjoy! :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It's always fun to re-arrange your sewing space. The desk matches your chair, too.

Kathleen said...

Awesome find! And I love that pull out section that is big enough to hold one of your sewing machines!! That room looks like a very happy place to be :)

Kay said...

Your sewing room looks so bright and inviting! I don't think I'd ever want to leave! Love seeing pictures of your fur babies! Have a great weekend!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Great find and update! Your room is looking great!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8