"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, December 4, 2014

New project

 This is the cute fabric I bought for my apron, but changed my mind and now want to make it into a table runner.

There are just a few snags.  To get the "scene", the block needs to be about 9 1/2 inches as you can see below.
 Even the six inches (below) would be just a snowman.  I also need something super quick because I do not have very much time to work on it.
 I can do one of two things.  Either just cut it long and put the gingerbread men (brown fabric) around it as a border, or I can make different colored sashing to go around the nine and a half inch blocks.  What do you think?
 I was also thinking I could make it reversible and have a winter themed table runner for January by making pinwheels with the blue fabric.
I have never made a table runner before.  My table is six feet by three feet.  Do I make it all in the center (about four feet)  to fit plates all around it, or do I make it six feet long?  I was thinking the center could be between 12-13 inches.

Any suggestions would be welcome, I would like them made by Sunday if I could!  Yeah right!
This is my only goal for this month!

Missy
Linking up at the Lovely Year of Finishes!



My Button

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I have seen table runners of every shape and size. Some are decorative and others are meant to hold centerpieces or hot dishes. I think that means you can do whatever you want. Do you want it on the table while you eat? Measure the table needed for your place setting and go from there.

I would cut a block that showed the scene and border it. If you have enough table space, you can fussy cut a couple of snowmen for a different block setting to flank the center block of the whole scene. Or vice versa. Your fabric is just adorable.

Linda said...

I love the fabric!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute fabrics and exactly what Heidi said. Fabulous ideas.

Kathleen said...

I can't be sure, but it almost looks like that snowman fabric could be used as borders or end pieces of a table runner. Some of the snowmen seem to be in line with one another to make that work. Just thinking outside the box here.

Lara B. said...

Missy - Table runner are so many different shapes and sizes. I would want to cut the scene you like and then build the rest around it. Cute fabric!

donna said...

Super cute fabric.
Hugs
donna

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8