"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Monday, February 2, 2015

Finished Blocks!

I finished my last nine blocks!

I made a total of 36 blocks at 10 1/2 inches each, finishing at 10 inches each.  My husband thought it would be funny to put Pippi in her basket on the quilt while I was trying to take a picture.  LOL
I need some suggestions of a border.  I was thinking cream border to make the green "diamonds" look like they are floating.  Should I do one or two borders?  A four inch cream followed by a 2 1/2 inch green maybe?  Then either a green or the gold binding?
What do you think of a square lap quilt or should I add another row of six but then that would mess up my pattern.  Sorry I don't have a straight picture of the quilt minus cats.  LOL

Those blocks sewed up very fast!

Missy

11 comments:

Kim said...

This looks so pretty! When I have time, I will need to cut up my scraps and hopefully make one. I love log cabin blocks.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I love your log cabin blocks. The green, yellow, brown colour combo works so well. A cream border to make the diamonds float is a fantastic idea. Look forward to seeing this finished, Missy.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh my your quilt is gorgeous! I think your border ideas are fabulous.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Beautiful blocks! And they certainly couldn't be ready til they passed "Kitty Inspection"!

Michelle said...

I have a hard time with square quilts too...but an even harder time if a rectangle quilt affects the design! In this case, I'd keep it square! Looks good...I think your plan for the borders is just right!

Created by Kathi said...

Love your log cabin in the making... and love your ideas for a beige border with green binding or gold.. whichever looks best when you get there I think :) Thanks for sharing! Good luck with all your cat inspectors :) Kathi

donna said...

Your quilt looks great. What about one the greens in one of your blocks for the boarders.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
donna

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your kitty inspectors so hard at work. LOL
how about a small cream border to float the blocks and then a scrappy piano key using the greens and yellows in the logs? It is pretty and I am sure however you finish, it will be gorgeous

Missy Shay said...

Am I a no reply blogger?

Missy Shay said...

Did I fix it?

Lara B. said...

Very Pretty Missy! I love your idea of the green diamonds floating on a cream background and large cream border would do that. Do you mind a square lap quilt or are you more of a stretch out on the couch and cover up from head to toe family?
You are never a no reply blogger when you send me comments- it always has your email there so I can write back to you.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8