"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Quilting!

I was not working on the quilting of my scrappy trip around the world quilt because I only have maybe 15 to 30 minutes a day sometimes to sew, after work.  I had my husband help me move my huge industrial Singer 16 treadle into the living room so I can work on it.  I did not have any time the last couple of weeks, but this week I have gotten a bit done on it.  I am almost half way through quilting my mammoth king size quilt!
 I'm just sewing a circle in each square and no, they are not all the same size!  LOL  I have found as I go they do get more uniform in size though.

There is a downside to having the treadle in the living room.  
Pippi and Muffin
 These pictures give you a good idea of the setup I have when I quilt.  I have two tv trays in the back, sometimes it will be an ironing board.
Oreo
 I also have a table to the side to catch the bulk of the quilt.
Oreo and Custard

Cupcake too!
 Here is another picture of my blocks, I make an extra one for a sampler quilt for myself!

I have also been watching the Great British Sewing Bee on Youtube and really do enjoy it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrHuCQzoCnP_G5wbw_lAh1w

I like sewing clothes, I am just not very good at it and since I have gained weight I really have not had much of a desire to sew.  I'm hoping to lose some weight and then maybe start sewing clothes for myself again.

I'm hoping to have this quilt done by this weekend!

Missy

5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your quilt is coming along. I have my quilter that DH built me in the great room which was a combination kitchen family room. DH does not mind he likes the living room set up in the dining room area better, it is much cozier. You know if you taught the furbabies to use the treadle and move the fabric your quilts would be done lickety split.

Unknown said...

At Sweet Bee Tea Party, we offer a Glamorous and unique experience – both in a traditional venue or contrasted with a modern environment. Our collection of mis-matched vintage china will guarantee an astonishing décor for your event. With us, you have the choice of renting your desired items with our recommended packages or we can do all the planning and décor for you to give you the peace of mind and time you need to serve and attend your guests.

Sarah said...

Well, here it is the middle of the weekend... I hope you've made good progress. I'm sure the cats are just trying to hold the quilt in place until u get back to sewing. Tee hee

Quilter Kathy said...

What a beautiful machine you have! I have not yet been brave enough to try machine quilting on my treadle, but would love to one day!

Vintage Whimsy Studio said...

I love to quilt, too, but recently have been working on designing and creating plus-size clothing for our company. Hopefully I can get back to my quilt projects soon! Yours is lovely, keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop at Katherine's Corner. Hope to catch up with you again this week at the hop! Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8