"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Finished Blocks

 Hello everyone!  I have missed talking with ya'll!
I was determined to finish the quilting on my husband's quilt before working on anything else.  After three months of working at the school and not doing any quilting, I finally realized that I can't quilt unless I have a whole day to sit and concentrate on it.
However, I can piece my blocks here and there.  I moved a hand crank sewing machine into the living and have a block to work on anytime I have an extra five minutes.
This is the block I made for Trish for the Sew Sweet Bee.  When I saw my bowtie material, I knew I needed to make a bow tie block with it.  She asked for a sampler quilt.
 I received another Sew Sweet Bee block for my quilt. This one was from Erin.
 Oreo had to say hi.
I made two more single wedding ring quilt blocks for my quilt.  The lighting was terrible, so you cannot the colors very well.
I hope you have a great weekend!
Missy

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Your blocks are lovely! I love the colors and how they look so peaceful together.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Nice! I like the colors of the wedding ring blocks. It's great you can at least work a few minutes at a time. I know that it's hard to devote a long stretch when you have so many other things to get done too.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Working really cuts into the quilting huh? Good idea to have a sewing machine and blocks ready to sew up when you have a few minutes though. Your blocks are very sweet.

Kathleen said...

Your bowtie block is adorable! Love that fabric.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Block by block, a quilt is built! Keep cranking when you have a few spare minutes- it adds up! Enjoyed to see what you are working on.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Loving the colours in the wedding ring quilt.

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you found a few minutes to get back to sewing and blogging! have a great weekend!

stilusessaywriting.com said...

I like this wedding ring quilt blocks. They are very pretty. You're makng a quilt for someones wedding?

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8