"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Fall Table Runner

 My friend, Darlene, had a birthday a couple of weeks ago.  I finally finished her birthday present yesterday!
 I did an old fashioned, lazy, binding on it.  I just used the backing and turned it over.
 The whole thing was stitched on my handcrank, featherweight, and quilted on my treadle.
 I felt like that plaid was the perfect fall colors for the back.  Everything came from my stash.
I have my cake blocks laid out and I'm ready to sew the top together today!  Thursday is my day off and tomorrow my LQS is having 20% off their fabric and I want to take the top in and see if the fabric I want for the border matches it.
Have a great weekend ya'll!

Missy

5 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice table runner. Enjoy finishing you quilt top.

Nancy said...

Your leaves are perfect for autumn, Missy. I can't wait to see your cake quilt top when it's all together!

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a terrific present! I have no table toppers for myself because the cats think it is permission to sit on the table because they are technically not on the table.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

A beautiful table runner. Lucky friend!

Paula Louceiro said...

I loved your table runner. The backing fabric is perfect.
Have a great week

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8