"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Quilting the Cake Quilt

I've been slowly working on the cake quilt.  So far I have quilted anything that was pink or red on the cakes.  I did not feel like changing the thread.  I hope I have enough pink thread left to quilt the sashing.  Of course Cupcake decided that she needed to help me quilt.
She can see out the window from that spot.  My Lilac tree is full of birds that the cats like to watch.
 I moved her to the top of my sewing machine case.  There is a hunter green Japanese clone in there.  The cats think it is there for them to sit on and watch "cat tv".
 At least Oreo found a "nest" in the rocking chair and had curled up there to sleep.
The thinner "tiers" on the cakes are getting scallops.  I thougt it looked kind of like frosting.

I have Thursday off, I'm hoping to get a lot more quilting done, but first I need to finish sewing my Sew Sweet Bee block, it is all cut out, just needs to be sewn together.

This weather is crazy right now, it should be in the 60's for the next couple of days.  What is the weather like in your area?

Missy

I'll be linking up for Feline Friday on Friday.
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Fabric Frenzy

7 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

I love seeing your cake quilt getting quilted. Scallops are such a great idea. Very clever. Glad to hear you are getting some amazing warm weather. Woo hoo. You deserve it. We are about to get hit with a series of 4 rain storms, but for So. Cal. when the news talks about big storms, it may just be 1/4". Still, we go for safety, so are paying close attention to the reports when we have to go out in traffic. Great quilting weather.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Podunk Pretties said...

this is such a sweet quilt, love the scallops idea, looks yummy!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your quilting looks good. Yep I officially have a cat owner--the cat owns me. I have bird feeders set up and chairs so she can look out the window.

Kim said...

The scallops are going to loon awesome in your cake quilt. We're getting a lot of rain for the next few days here in So. Cal.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I waived as I drove by. I got as far as St. Louis area. My dog loves 'Katie TV' (the patio door) where she barks at the squirrels and bunnies.

Sarah said...

Gotta love when the furkids help us quilt!! I love your scallops - definitely makes me think of frosting.

Our weather is off as well. We were in the 40s this week, it's been raining for a couple weeks and we might not get snow again until the middle of next week or later. Since my county always gets lake effect snow and we technically should be going into the coldest part of the year with several feet of snow on the ground. Me. No. Likey.

Little Penpen said...

We have had crazy weather in NC too, but I love these warm days in January!! The frosting on your cakes look wonderful!! The scallops are perfect. Your kitties aren't spoiled are they!?? Lol

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8