"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Valentine Decisions

My student was sick on Tuesday and Wednesday which meant I had two unexpected vacation days.  I spent one of those days making valentines.  I had fun taking all of my lace and sewing them on my valentines.  I have not sewn the small hearts on the big hearts yet.  They are just pinned for now.
I'm thinking that some of the valentines might look better without the small hearts.
If I decide to leave the big hearts, as is, I could make the small hearts into pins I guess.
Which do you think look best?

I want to share my favorite "tool" for temporarily placing lace and ric rac on fabric.
 Washable Elmer's glue sticks.
Just make sure you do not use too much or it will gunk up your needle.
I was working on my hand crank Tuesday night.  It usually will sew through anything, however it was not happy about the layers of ric rac and fabric.  I think part of the problem was - I was not sewing very fast and the needle was not sharp.  I changed the needle and now it won't sew.  :(  I need to fiddle around with my machine and see if I maybe put the needle in wrong or something.
Singer 66 Red-Eye
I am usually able to figure out the problems on people powered machines pretty quickly, but I have not had a chance to figure it out.

Have a great day ya'll!
Missy

Check out the Cabin Fever Party at Lily Pad Quilting!

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I like the darker hearts. You will figure out the machine. Either the needle or some thread caught somewhere. When you come back to it, you will get it. I love the handcrank. I have a Spartan that I turned into a handcrank with a repro crank. Yours is gorgeous!

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Love Elmers - have used it for years with applique.

Lisa England said...

The dark hearts with the red across the middle really pop! I use glue sticks too. Great for holding applique in place while stitching.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8