"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Friday, February 17, 2017

Ceiling Fan Makeover

Today I want to share something my husband made.  His ceiling fan in his office was outdated, boring and had only one light bulb.  He decided to order a piece to change the one light socket, to four light sockets.  He needed more light in his office.
He decided to go with a steam punk theme. 
My husband painted the fan blades, the light sockets, and added some candle lanterns he found at Hobby Lobby for half price.  He cut open the tops to be able to attach them to the light sockets.
I know that he is super excited about his fan.  It is huge!

Here is a close up before he added one more layer of paint to the light sockets to help it match the darker colors on the lanterns and blades. 
Pippi had to investigate it a little closer.   (Please excuse all of the cat toys on the floor.)
He is also building a steam punk themed bookshelf and matching cat tree for his office.  It will be made from wood and pipes.  I have to make the cat beds of course.
The below picture is what I got at Hobby Lobby.
 I can't wait to see his office when he is done with it.  It has a steampunk/Route 66 theme.  LOL
 We just like some of aesthetic design elements of  steampunk design, but are not steampunk ourselves.


Have a great day!
Missy

We are Christians and try to live our lives according to the standards set in the Bible, that is why I love my new sign!

4 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

The ceiling fan light turned out very neat. I inherited a house full of ceiling fans. They are all bright brass. Yuck.

Kim said...

That is such a cool fan! Love it!

Kathleen said...

Your hubby has a good eye for creative design!

Sarah said...

Hello?! *Of course* there are cat toys on the floor. As soon as I pick them up at my house they magically reappear. Great redo on the fan. looking forward to a steampunk cat tree, tho I can't even imagine what it will look like.

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8