"She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:27

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Flooding and a Half Square Triangle Tip

Saturday I cleaned up my guest room which had become a type of storage room over the winter.  I decided to turn it into a TV room.  This is as far as I got before I realized that my basement was flooding.
We caught it before it got too bad, however my classroom area flooded.  I have been busy with clean up all week.  I live in Missouri.  A lot of people had it a lot worse than I did however.
It has not left me much time to sew.
Last week, I'm not sure how, but I got my bobbin stuck in my Singer 99.  I put it in crooked and it stuck fast before I could get it back out.  I did get it to lay flat.  I have not had a chance to try to fix it after I got it back home, I was at a sew day.  I will probably have to take the bobbin casing apart, sigh.
I was shown this tip for sewing half square triangles.  Instead of drawing a line, you can lay a post-it-note corner to corner and follow that line.
Don't forget about my Pampered Chef party.  You can join the party here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/429014410806681/?fref=nf

Or if you just want to order from my party, you can find the catalog and link here:
https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/joyfuljessica/guest-landing/9041891736731

You can always host your own party too and I will get credit also, if you host through my party consultant.  My party closes May 13.

Have a great day ya'll!
Please continue to pray for the flooded areas of Missouri.

Missy

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Great HST trick! Drawing all those lines does get boring. I'm sorry to hear you've got water in your basement. I hope nothing was permanently damaged.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I has been raining here and raining in Buffalo. We have minor flooding, except for the shores of Lake Ontario. It will probably get worse as it will rain until Monday. The pictures I have seen on the national news of regions are grim. Last year, we had a huge drought. Hopefully a little oil and tapping will get your bobbin out. Will pray for those affected.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry about the flooding. Hope everything dries out quickly.

Sheila said...

I'm sorry to hear about your flooding. We have had a lot of rain, but so far, only lost some garden plant. Not a big loss because I have more seed.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HST TIP!!!! AWESOME IDEA!!!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." Psalm 34:8